RE: Dependable Auto Shippers

To: "'Kinderlehrer'" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Dependable Auto Shippers
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:35:03 -0500
I don't know about this shipper but there have been a number of threads over
the years about shipping cars. My son just had a very bad experience
shipping a car from Sacramento CA to Annapolis MD. Basically, they picked
his car up as scheduled and put it on a slidder where it was taken to the
terminal. From there it immediately went to LA where it sat for 2 weeks
waiting for a carrier to take it cross country. Their GPS locator was based
on when the driver called in to say where he was! Once the car got to the DC
area it was dropped off at a "terminal" (read this as a towing service with
a storage area) that couldn't deliver to his house for another week. We
ended up driving 40 miles to get the car. The moral is that getting your car
picked up doesnt mean that it's getting shipped. Bottom line.... You need
to ask the right questions to pin them down and then get it in writing. I'm
sure others will share their shipping stories.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org