Valve Adjustment

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve Adjustment
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:05:46 -0800
Hoping not to start another firestorm,  but I have a very basic question.

My TR3 Service manual says "Turn the engine over by hand until the
valves of any cylinder are on the "point of rock".  Is this the same
as Top Dead Center?  ... I am under the impression that  at TDC both
valves are closed,  and that  is what  is  desired  for adjusting the
valves.

I await the input  from the  collective wisdom  ...
--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L

===     http://www.vtr.org