Re: Valve Adjustment

To: "scotts junk" <smacsjunk@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve Adjustment
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:47:01 -0800
All my life experience with 4 cycle   engines have been based on this
theory ...

        Intake Stroke:          piston  is going  down  intake  valve  open
        Compression  Stroke:    piston  is going  up both  valves closed
        Power Stroke:           piston going down  both  valves closed
        Exhaust Stroke:         piston going up  exhaust valve open

  Now  it  seems  to  me  that TDC  is very close to  either  the  end
of  the  compression stroke   or  the beginning  of  the   power
stroke,   with  both  valves closed this  should be when  they can be
correctly adjusted.  My new  TDC  indicator (neat whistle  the
screws  into  spark  plug hole)  allows me to  determine TDC (I
think).

If my theory is  wrong   ... I  am  willing  to  listen  to  the
combined  intellectual  experience  of  this extremely  august  group

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L

===     http://www.vtr.org