Time for New Tires

To: list TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Time for New Tires
From: Robert Muzio <tr_jag@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:38:51 -0800 (PST)
On my '64 TR4 I have Dayton 72 spoke chrome wire
wheels (I believe they are 5" width) and 165x15 Dunlop
SP20 tires. The DOT code indicates the tires are going
on 8 years old, I've had them on there for 7 and based
on age it's time they go away. I liked them butI don't
see them offered for sale. I looked at what British
Wire Wheel, Coker and Tire Rack had to offer. I like
the size and look of the 165s and want to stay close
to that. Coker has Michelin XASs at $182 each plus
shipping. Both BWW and Coker offer a Vredestein at
$80/$85 each plus shipping. Tire Rack has a 165/80x15
Kumho Power Star 758 at, get this, $30ea. plus
shipping. Inasmuch as our tires "time out" before they
wear out the Kumhos seem hard to resist. The size
difference is miniscule as the width is the same and
the diameter is only 1/4 of an inch smaller.
Anyone out there have experience with that brand or
have other options in mind?
Thank you,
Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org