Re: Time for New Tires

To: Robert Muzio <tr_jag@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Time for New Tires
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:56:15 -0600
Cc: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>, list TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Mar 5, 2006, at 5:38 PM, Robert Muzio wrote:

> Tire Rack has a 165/80x15
> Kumho Power Star 758 at, get this, $30ea. plus
> shipping. Inasmuch as our tires "time out" before they
> wear out the Kumhos seem hard to resist. The size
> difference is miniscule as the width is the same and
> the diameter is only 1/4 of an inch smaller.
> Anyone out there have experience with that brand

I think this is the successor to the Kumho "EuroMetric".  I have a
set of the EuroMetric in 165-15 on Dayton 4.5" 60-spoke wheels with
inner tube.  Worked out just fine.  Picked up a three autocross
trophies at VTR and in Canada.  The tire seems at home on a stock 60s
car.  I think you are unlikely to go wrong with the Kumho Power Star
75.  I also got them from Tire Rack.

I'd buy Kumho again.  I used their stickies on my departed Lotus (Hi
Rob!) and still have their touring tires on my Saturn.  I did pass on
the Kumho MX for my autocrossing Miata, though.  Not worried about
Kumho quality, I just think that the Falken Azenis RT615 seems like
the fastest "ST-type" autocross tire.

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier