Electrical Problems

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical Problems
From: Dale VanCleef <dalevancleef@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:57:26 -0600
Yesterday it was beautiful here in NW Indiana.  I drove my '73 TR6 for
about 10 or 15 minutes.  It started right up and was running great.
Everything was working fine.  I stopped off at  home to get my debit
card so I could fill the tank.  When I came out of the house and turned
the key, NOTHING.  I have charged the battery every weekend all
winter... and have started the car at least twice a month and putted up
and down my driveway (no salt).  I have never had this problem.
More symtoms:
The horn makes a very quiet sickly groan.
The windshield wipers can almost move.
The light that comes on with the door seems to work.
The headlights do not come on.  It was day time... so they may have
glowed a little.
Sometimes, the starter will click... once... like a car with a dead battery.
I have 15 volts between + and - battery terminals.
I have 15 volts between + and and a chasis ground.

It's as if I have a bad ground to EVERYTHING.

Any ideas would be deeply appreciated.

--
Dale VanCleef
'73 TR6 - CF985U