THE LIFE OF ME

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: THE LIFE OF ME
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:43:02 -0500
The Crankshaft turns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite the fact that I've worked on my engine, it may run yet!
I thought my 'professionally' rebuilt TR4 engine block would not turn and
suffered from 'lockdown'.  I had done everything everyone had suggested and
was on the last piece of advice:  Jack Drews told me to check the bolts
holding on the fan extension to the crank pulley.  It seems just one of the
8 little nuts had wedged themselve's against the pulley.  THANKS
Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tomorrow I'll figure out how to make those 8 bolts work without
wedgeing.  In fact, I also have to figure out what I'm gonna do for a new
fan since I broke my plastic 8-bladed pretty yellow one.  I guess that's
better than having to remove a newly rebuilt but untried motor from the car
its mounted in.  Seems like I remember that it's possible to do without an
engine fan if one has got an electric one-- is this true?
    Now I've got to tighten those cam bearing retainer screws, YIKES, (I
hope the bearings haven't turned!).  I've got to reinstall flywheel,
pressure plate, disc, gearbox, fuel pump, distributor, radiator, fan
extension, etc.  Even though I've never run my engine, and it may happen
tomorrow, I feel initiated.

Thanks all!
Paul Dorsey
TR3A