RE: [TR] TR3A brake reservoir can seal?

To: "Ritchie St. Jean" <rstjean1@telus.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A brake reservoir can seal?
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:40:38 -0500
As I remember mine was a very thin rubber material which was more like a
sealant than a gasket.  It was between the washer and the can on the inside.
I just used some gasket sealant impervous to gas and brake fluid when I
reassebled the can.  Sorry, its been many years since I did it and can't
remember what I actually used.  Must have worked though, I haven't ever had
a leak in that area.

Normally leaking in the car is from the MS bypassing and allowing fluid to
go aft from the plunger arm to the pedal assembly.  If you have a leak
around the bottom of the can you would be able to see the leak on the
firewall base.  If you can't see it inside the engine compartment I'd bet it
is coming from the plunger rod area.  Check the plunger rod, if it is wet
you have a bad MS seal and need to rebuild the MS.
Pete

===     http://www.vtr.org