RE: [TR] TR6 A-Type OD in TR3?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 A-Type OD in TR3?
From: "Creig Houghtaling" <oldtoys@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:17:43 -0600
Sorry. I should have mentioned to avoid confusion, that I have a good a-type
TR6 tranny and OD unit.  I was just wondering if it would work in a TR3.
Let me see if I understand.  The shaft at the clutch and engine connection
is different, but close enough to work.  The TR3 engine to transmission
plate is different, so without modification will not work.  The mounting
points between the TR6 A-type OD and the frame are different than the TR3
and would require modification to the frame mounting.  Do I have that
straight?
Thanks, Creig