RE: [TR] TR6 A-Type OD in TR3?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 A-Type OD in TR3?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:37:30 -0800
> The shaft at the clutch and engine connection
> is different, but close enough to work.

Correct.

>  The TR3 engine to transmission
> plate is different, so without modification will not work.

There is no plate on a TR3 (although there is on a TR6).  What is different is
only that the front flange of the TR6 transmission is thicker, so some of the
fasteners need to be longer.  It's tough to change those 3 studs afterwards, so
best deal with them before installing the transmission.

The plate I mentioned as possibly being different goes between the gearbox and
the OD.  You'll only need to worry about that if you try to fit your TR6 OD to a
TR3 gearbox.  And I'm not certain any modification is required anyway.  The
plates are different, but maybe the mod is only required to use an early plate
on a late gearbox.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org