Re: [TR] TR250 spin on filter conversion

To: avhodge@iwon.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR250 spin on filter conversion
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:31:04 EST
In a message dated 3/15/2006 1:42:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
avhodge@iwon.com writes:

I can't  figure out how to get the old filter housing out.
It won't come up because  the steering column is in the way.
I can't take it down because the clutch  cyclinder is in the way.
Is there a way to get it out without taking off  the clutch cyclinder?

Hi Alan
I do this way too often since I have a spin-on adapter which I will
sometimes remove and refit the original canister when the car is going to be in
judged show. You need to move the clutch slave out of the way, but that's not
as
much trouble as it sounds.
Remove the clevis pin connecting the slave push rod to the arm of the  clutch
actuating shaft (remember which hole it was connected in) then remove the  2
bolts holding the slave to its mounting bracket. Then you can move slave
around more than enough to get the canister past it -  and you won't be
disturbing the hydraulics at all - no need to bleed the clutch or anything
like that -
you can just bolt the slave back in place and refit the clevis pin  when
you're done.
Cheers
Jack Mc

===     http://www.vtr.org