[TR] Sequencing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Sequencing
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:04:48 -0500
Hello, everyone.

In a week or two, my car will be coming back from the bodyshop with the shell
back on, fenders attached, and painted.

It has the engine, and running gear all together, with the tub back on and
brakes connected.

It lacks carbs, gas tank and line, brake fluid, all wiring for
engine/lights/dash/horn, the dash, seats, carpet, bumper, swaybar, dashpot
oil, differential oil, windshield, polarity reversal to neg. ground, the extra
wire from the engine grounding strap, stator tube and steering wheel, front
end alignment, and certainly a bit more.

I'm beginning to look at the game plan for putting the thing back together.
I'm thinking of the following order:

1)   carbs, gas tank, gas line
2)   wiring harness, including wire to the gear reduction starter from
solenoid, and voltage stabilizer for 4 type temp gauge.
3)   engine grounding strap
drink home brew
4)   dashpot and differential oils (plus a recheck of engine and tranny oil)
5)   steering wheel/stator tube and steering worm oil level
6)   battery
drink home brew
7)   add heater, heater hoses
8)   add windshield wipers
9)   dash and gauge connections
10  add gas/brake/clutch pedal assemblies
drink home brew
10) run the gear-reduction starter with plugs out to bring up oil pressure
11  start engine, monitoring tach
12) check OD engagement
drink home brew
13) sway bar
14) add Dot 5 brake fluid and bleed
15) add door handles/trunk handles/bumpers/luggage rack/windshield
drink home brew
16) add seats/carpet
17) add windshield wipers
18) have expert do front end alignment
drink several home brews to celebrate the end of 3 years

Does this seem a reasonable sequence, or has someone experience to suggest a
change in the plan?

Thank you, everyone.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire