RE: [TR] Acorn Nut For Valve Cover

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Acorn Nut For Valve Cover
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:36:34 -0800
> Does anybody have a source of the acorn nuts that were originally
> supplied
> with the cast aluminum valve covers.  I have tried all the major
> suppliers.
> The nuts are 5/16 fine thread.

How about Moss 402-550 ?  Can't tell from their description if they have the
Nyloc insert, but they are listed for the TR2-4 oil filter housing, so
should be 5/16 NF, and the web site says they are chromed.  Not cheap at
$3/each but if you've got to have one ...

If the insert is missing, then a little Vibratite or Loctite should hold
them.

Not an acorn nut, but something like MMC 60205K47 would be quite attractive,
too.
http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?pagenum=2055

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org