RE: [TR] setting the points ASAP PLEASE

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>, <TR250Driver@aol.com>
Subject: RE: [TR] setting the points ASAP PLEASE
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:22:21 -0500
Paul,
Not sure what isn't touching.  The base of the points never moves as it is
attached to the base plate of the distro.  If it does move around it isn't
secured properly.  The other end has a piece that rubs the lobes of the
center post which opens the points to the gap on the corner of the lobe.
The points have to close inbetween the lobes.  If your gap is changing, move
the center shaft back and forth.  There should be very little to no wobble
in the shaft.  If it moves sideways the bushing is shot and you will need to
replace it or the distro.
Pete