[TR] TR4 popping out of second gear

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 popping out of second gear
From: "Mark Vaden" <markvaden@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:45:05 -0800
Hi,

My TR4 pops out of second gear when the engine brakes. I suspect that
the likely cause is worn out dog teeth, but someone awhile ago
mentioned to me that it could be a worn out shift fork. Has anyone
else experienced a worn out shift for causing a gearbox to pop out of
second gear? From looking at the manual, I can change the shifter fork
by just removing the top cover from the gearbox - which seems a whole
lot easier than changing a gear/synchro internal to the gearbox.
Thanks in advance for your help.

-Mark

===     http://www.vtr.org