Re: [TR] Tr3A Upper wishbone bushing replacement-follow up and

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tr3A Upper wishbone bushing replacement-follow up and
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:07:30 -0800
Thanks everyone for the helpful hints on removing the upper wishbone. I have
completed the driver's side and I am able to report that it can be done
without removing the spring. I removed the 2 outside bolts and the front
inside bolt from the fulcrum arm and just loosened the inside rear bolt. I
was then able to pivot the arm enough to remove and reinstall the upper
wishbone and the bushings. Reassembly was reverse of...oops, sorry :-)  To
replace the front inside bolt,  I was able to get a 9/16th socket on a 6"
extention held in place with a breaker bar behind the spring to hold the
nut, used an allen wrench to line it up and just screwed the bolt back in.
The rear bolts are longer than the front ones BTW.  A small flashlight and a
dentists mirror came in handy to allow me to see some of what was going on
up there.

Now for the bad news. The next part of this project was to replace the idler
arm on the passenger side. I was able to get about 1/2 an inch seperation
between the hole in the arm and the center tie rod pin and no more. Now I
can't get it back on.  During the process of wacking and "prying loose" as
it says in the manual, it seems as though some sort of brass washer popped
off the top of that joint. Any hints on how to get that thing either off or
on? Is that washer important?

Thanks again for all your help!
Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org