[TR] My TR6 gear reduction starter is mounted. Everyone should get

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] My TR6 gear reduction starter is mounted. Everyone should get
From: David Yip <puppy_friend@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:00:55 -0800 (PST)
I finally got it mounted.  It was completely PITA.  But does it work
really well.  Starting with my old lucas unit after the car had been
sitting for a week was a three step process.  Crank for a minute, go
away for a few minutes and then come back and crank again with my
fingers crossed and most of the time it would start.  With the
nippon-denso starter, it started in about a second after sitting for 2
months.  Wow.  One last problem.  The engine sounds funny now.  It kind
of sounds like the engine is scraping on something.  My concern is that
the starter gear is not retracting all the way and it's brushing
against the gear ring.  I guess I need to take it off and see if
there's any damage.  It's going to be hell getting it off.

===     http://www.vtr.org