[TR] tires and wheels ok w/ the tr3?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] tires and wheels ok w/ the tr3?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:36:37 -0500
Ken tells me one thing at a time, ...but, while these tires are on sale...

I've got some cool looking slotted mag wheels that I intend to use on my
car.  I think they came off a TR6.  I think they fit alright on my 60'
TR3A... is there a problem with that?

I've already bought 165/80R15's and mounted them on the narrower wheels
upfront.

I showed all my wheels to the tire salesman who's helping me.  Tomorrow, I
am gonna buy 225/60R15's for the rear.  I've looked it up and the aspect
ratios are the same although I could also go slightly narrower in the rear
with a 215/60R15.  I am using stock fenders on my TR3A and I like the wide
look.  Are these rear tires ok with the TR3?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey 60 tr3a

===     http://www.vtr.org