Re: [TR] TR6 rear wheel & wide tyres

To: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 rear wheel & wide tyres
From: kinderlehrer@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:10:19 +0000
The spare tire compartment on the earlier models, pre 60000, will not hold
anything much larger than the original "tyre", (155?) the later ones have a bit
more room and I think they will hold a larger one (165?). But so what? I have a
painted wire wheel with a narrow tire in the spare tire well and chrome wires
with the more widely available fattter tires on the car. Never had to use the
spare - although I did loan it to a friend that came to a tune n tech and
discovered he had too many broken spokes. But, it's not unlike modern cars with
those little donut spares.
Bob

From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>

===     http://www.vtr.org