[TR] TR6 rear wheel & wide tyres

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR6 rear wheel & wide tyres
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:54:55 -0800 (PST)
Hi List!
I don't own a TR3 so this this more of a 'thought
question than an answer or reply to the thread that [I
think] Paul D. was asking.
I was under the impression that the TR3 had a problem
getting a 'wide?' tyre [155x15] to fit into the spare
tyre compartment at times & that's why a lot of people
couldn't use the 165x15 tyre. so now if one was to use
the TR6 rim [4.5? I think it is] with a 'wider' tyre,
then will that fit into the spare compartment? It
seems silly to purchase wider tyres for the car if you
can't put them back in the same place, case of a flat
occurring. Does this make sense to anyone? Sorry if I
haven't explained myself well enought.

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org