RE: [TR] ZS 175CD Carb conundrum - fixed and thanks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] ZS 175CD Carb conundrum - fixed and thanks
From: "Randy&Val DeRuiter" <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:41:33 -0500
Thanks for the responses on the TR4 ZS carb problem.  The fix was easy and
obvious once it was pointed out to me.  The pivot pin in my bad carb was
installed backwards, with the head towards the needle valve.  In that
configuration there is enough room for it to back out and disable the floats
- nasty situation.  Just reversing the pin and the head cannot back out
enough without hitting the carb base.

Simple yes, but it stumped me because I took apart the similar rear carb on
my other TR4 and it was configured incorrectly as well - 2 cars, 2 different
owners, same bad rebuild.  Go figure.

Thanks again,
Randy

===     http://www.vtr.org