Re: [TR] Spitfire Information Needed

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Spitfire Information Needed
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 20:16:38 EDT
> Good luck, Joe. Think it might be best to solicit dimensions from listers -
>
> and then take an average. That way, you'll be replicating Coventry procedure
>
> because everyone agreed it wasn't a perfect science even then - and that was
>
> before the bolt holes had worn oval  :)
>
> Jonmac

JonMac, good to hear from you!

Not to mention all of the others who responded.

The Spitfire/GT6 track width appears to be very close to the TR3A, and 5"
shorter in Wheelbase.  I am currently constructing a car with a fibreglass body
on a TR4A frame (solid axle). I had a couple of folks ask me about the
application of this very attractive body to the ubiquitous Spitfire/GT6.
Wheelbase is
highly flexible, so it appears feasible.  I'll likely be asking more
questions.

Hope all is going well with you.

Joe

===     http://www.vtr.org