Re: [TR] It runs! It runs!

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] It runs! It runs!
From: tr3driver@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:18:02 +0000
> I got it running! I got it running!

Congratulations, Paul !

Great feeling, isn't it !

> I might could have cut it to 3 hours if the car had been up on a
> service station's rack and I could see what I was doing,

Harbor Freight sells these really tall jackstands that help a lot ... If memory
serves, I have the "12 ton" models and they extend to something like 26".

> But I don't know why it was only 50  lbs.
> when I saw the radiator spewing?

Motor oil gets thinner when it gets hot, which means less pressure.

> I trying to push the car into my garage, it's so hard now that the engine is
> installed!

So why not drive it ?  It'll just take a few seconds, not long enough for the
engine to get hot even without a fan.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org