Re: [TR] Triumph 2000 cd150 carb rebuild

To: "Vern Catron" <vcatron@bellsouth.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumph 2000 cd150 carb rebuild
From: "Tim Hutchisen" <hakhutch@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:09:22 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Vern Catron" <vcatron@bellsouth.net>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 9:39 PM
Subject: [TR] Triumph 2000 cd150 carb rebuild

>I have not rebuilt a Stromberg carburetor in 30+ years. It is a CD150 in a
> 1966 2000 MKI Estate. I am looking for a reputable supplier for a rebuild
> kit for both  carbs. I am in West Georgia.
>
> Vern Catron

Vern,
    Most of the big three suppliers (Moss, TRF,Vicky Brit) are using the
same rebuild kit. I just rebuilt three CD150's over the winter. The kits had
every thing I needed for gaskets and parts. I did have to order a float for
one and a damper spring for another one. My recommendation is to get a kit
and then tear 'em down. Parts are readily available.
Good luck-
Tim Hutchisen
71 TR6
70 GT6+