[TR] What you'll find in a restoration! -- Gas Tank

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] What you'll find in a restoration! -- Gas Tank
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:35:06 -0400
Based on the suggestion of someone on the List (my apologies, I can't find
that e-mail, but thank you), I researched pictures of Spitfire gas tanks.  Lo,
that's what I have.  So, everyone, you know one can be stuffed into a TR3 and
the holes match up.

I also found that the previous owner had, 30 years ago when the car was parked
in 1975, installed the wrong starter for the flywheel type.  Inspection showed
no damage to the flywheel, so thanks to you all, I caught the problem
beforehand.

Still, the worst of this whole experience was the decades worth of racoon dung
deposited and turned dusty in the engine bay and cockpit since 1975.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A TS 58667
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org