[TR] vacuum leak again, loudness?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] vacuum leak again, loudness?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:35:56 -0400
Ok, I've half solved my fuel pump issue at this time and have turn my
attention to the vacuum leak (which had been solved two weeks ago until
yesterday)

I've isolated the leak as coming from underneath where cyl. 3&4 intake meets
up with the head.  As this is the same spot as was the leak several weeks
ago, I thought I had solved it by replacing manifold gaskets on all
cylinders.  This 'fix' lasted for a short duration only and now once again
there is no suction coming out of the rear SU.

I had an idea about a more perminant fix.  To put two gaskets on 3&4.  Does
this sound ok to anyone?  Also, I am thinking about adding some 'hi-temp
RTV' to something?

I am putting a glasspack exhaust pipe on with two glasspacks on it.  I don't
want it much louder.  Is one louder than two?????????

Also, now that I think about it pushing on the exhaust pipe might account
for my intake vacuum leak (for a second time).

Thanks, Paul Dorsey 60 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org