[TR] Re: TR3a gas tank

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Re: TR3a gas tank
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:53:58 -0400
Lots of replies to this, thanks all.
Dropped in on the place last evening and the guy's concern was only that he
couldn't see whether the other areas would be well coated, just by looking
in through the filler or sender openings, since the baffles obstruct the
view. And since the holes in the baffles are small and the coating stuff is
thick, he's not convinced it would coat the hidden areas well. OK fair
enough.
So I am just going to have him clean it out with muriatic acid and pressure
test it. If all is well then I'm going to just use it, and put in an in line
filter for extra peace of mind.
I did check out gas tank renu however their price approaches or exceeds that
of a new tank, adn I'm not prepared to spend that much right now, since our
dishwasher suddenly decided it needs to be replaced.....
Thanks again,
Jim

===     http://www.vtr.org