RE: [TR] apparatus to apply Waxoyl inside frame?

To: "'J.C. Hassall'" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] apparatus to apply Waxoyl inside frame?
From: "Chris Buckley" <chris.buckley@tz.knightfrank.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 07:05:20 +0200
I plan to nuke the inside of my TR4's frame with (probably homebrew)
Waxoyl.  Anyone have BTDT tips to apply inside the frame?

I diluted the "Waxoyl" with parafin (kerosene) put masking tape over all
the holes and also closed the front ends of the frame. I then made a
'cradle' supporting the middle of the frame about 1.5m above the ground,
poured the waxoyl in the open ends of the frame which were then sealed.
Next I lifted the newly closed end so all fluid ran to the front, then
turned it 1 side and let it run back and so on eventually doing the same
thing with the frame upside down until all inside surfaces must be
coated. Finally remove sealing at end and let the excess drain out for a
few hours. Be prepared to be covered from head to toe yourself as well
as the floor (put lots of newspaper down underneath).
Chris Buckley
Dar es Salaam

--
dangerous content by Africa Online Tanzania, and is
believed to be clean.

===     http://www.vtr.org