RE: [TR] stuck in first gear

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] stuck in first gear
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:18:56 -0700
> I put the
> shift lever back in, but I don't really see how the shift lever was able
> to get out of the 1-2 socket and into neutral while the shift rod was
> still in the first gear position.

John, which type of shift lever pivots does your gearbox have ?  Worn or
misadjusted (if yours are adjustable) pivots might explain the problem.

>  Has this ever happened to anyone on
> the list?

Only time I had anything similar, it turned out that the pin that locates
the socket on the shift rail had sheared and allowed the socket to move.
But I don't think that's your problem.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org