RE: [TR] TR4A Brake Master Cylinder

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR4A Brake Master Cylinder
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:50:25 -0700 (PDT)
My tendency of late is to replace aluminum cylinders rather than try
to rebuild them - cleaning them is easy, honing them properly seems
to be hit or miss. If they've already been honed once, just toss it.
Cast iron is a different story - they can be rebuilt several
times if you're careful.

Brakes are too important to cheap out.

You can get aluminum cylinders resleeved - my vendor of choice
is Sierra Specialty Automotive, find them in the Monster List - but
it's usually not worth it compared to buying new.

There's no reason to be looking for NOS master cylinders, since
Girling is still making them. Dave Bean Engineering has always
had them for a good price, cheaper than the big three. They
won't know the Triumph part number, but can set you up based
on the desired bore.

===     http://www.vtr.org