[TR] Making the switch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Making the switch
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:56:22 -0400
Oh wise list:

I've doing a bit of work in the brake department. Booster redone and
P/C, new seals in the MC, some new brake piping. So, now looking at the
mess the old Dot4 has made of my engine bay. Don't feel like messing up
my nice new booster and would like to re-paint the bay sometime soon. I
think it's time to switch to silicone.

Despite all the horror stories, some people have said that it's really
not that essential to completely boil out the old fluid. Can I just
empty out the old paint remover and flush out with some new silicone
before topping up? Will just undoing the pipes from the brake cylinders
empty them enough, or am I facing having to dis-assemble the entire
system? Not really in the mood for that. Want to drive (and stop)!

Cheers,

Mark

===     http://www.vtr.org