RE: [TR] Making the switch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Making the switch
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:10:56 -0700
> Despite all the horror stories, some people have said that it's really
> not that essential to completely boil out the old fluid.

I am one of them, Mark, so I'm just repeating myself here.  I've converted
several cars now by just bleeding each wheel until clean silicone comes out,
without even disconnecting the lines.  Works fine for me.

You're giving up some of the benefits of silicone, of course, as the
remaining glycol will still boil if it gets hot enough.  It also seems to
eventually turn into a black gooey substance, but since it just lays in the
bottom of the cylinders, it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org