[TR] gas tank drains

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] gas tank drains
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:24:00 -0400
Hey,
I'm installing my TR3's gas tank. On the bottom of it are two drains.  What
does the larger one go to?  My rubber gas line could go to it?

Also, the old fittings had to be drilled out of the smaller drain.  Now it's
time to cut threads into the 1/2" hole I've created.  Also, it's only 1/2"
deep too.  Hopefully, the walls of the fitting are thick enough.  I've got
two 1/2" taps: a 13 tpi-NC and a 20 tpi-NF.  Which would be better?

Any good ideas?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A