[TR] RE: TR6 Falxon Exhaust - Happy customers?

To: "Triumphs Digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] RE: TR6 Falxon Exhaust - Happy customers?
From: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:51:26 -0500
Regarding the accolades for the ANSA system, I installed the new version of
the TR6 ANSA exhaust system from Moss last year.  Although it is very similar
to the ANSA system sold years ago, there are notable differences in the
resonator and muffler designs.

The ANSA system is very well made and it has a lovely, distinct, multiple
toned sound.  It sounds more 'tuned' than the Monza system - and it just looks
great.  It is however too loud for my tastes - it interferes with conversation
at steady throttle.  I'm going to try to install a set of JC Whitney
motorcycle baffles in each pipe this weekend to see if I can quiet it down a
bit - that idea was suggested by someone on the List a while back.

In hindsight, I probably would have been happier with the Falcon SS stock
configuration.  It wouldn't have had the looks and cache - but it probably had
the better (ie more tolerable) sound.

If the motorcycle baffles do the trick, I'll post the result on the list.

Cheers,
Brian Lanoway
1973 TR6 CF6985U
Winnipeg, Canada

                On April 23, Steve Myers wrote....

                I just ordered a stock configuration (non-free flow) Falcon SS
exhaust
system from TRF. Anyone have good experiences with these, or  care to suggest
something else?
                I'm going for something that sounds as good or better than
stock, and  isn't
much louder to be easy on the ears. After digging through the  archives, I did
find accolades for ANSA (there was talk in 2004 of  them making more.. did it
happen?), and people often did not like the  quality of Monza/Pacesetter, but
not much else.
                Let me know what has worked or hasn't for you!
                                        Thanks,
                                        Steve
                                        '71 tr6

===     http://www.vtr.org