Re: [TR] Anyone know a good auto glass place in Maryland

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Anyone know a good auto glass place in Maryland
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:40:44 -0700
Steinman, Bill wrote:

>Thanks to everyone who replied about the windshield.  One of the things
>I'm concerned about is will a glass place be able to install the chrome
>beading?

Sure.  But be aware that the beading may shrink.  I had mine
professionally installed using the beading sold by Moss.  Looked fine
for awhile but then began to shrink until the gap is now too great to be
covered by that metal clip that is supposed to hide it.  I think those
clips come pre-cut to one size (about 1.5") else I would get a longer one.

You may want to have them leave the beading as long as possible so
you've still got some material under the clip as the stuff shrinks.

Geo Hahn