[TR] TR4 Generator

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 Generator
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:38:39 -0500
The generator on my TR4 started making a terrible sound today, so I pulled
it, and as suspected, the drive end bearing is toast.  I looked in the Moss
catalog, and they list the bearing, but the actual bearing securing piece
shown is quite different than what I have (it's NLA as well).  What's shown
in the catalog is a piece that actually screws (or rivets?) into the front
bracket.  Mine had some kind of a washer with a retaining clip that inserted
into the front bracket.  There was also some kind of rubber type seal in
front of the bearing.  The model number of my generator is 22715 (which Moss
indicates actually came from a TR4A).

Is this right???  And will the bearing available from Moss work okay?

Thanks,

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L