RE: [TR] TR4 Generator

To: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR4 Generator
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:35:18 -0700
> The model number of my generator is 22715
> (which Moss
> indicates actually came from a TR4A).
>
> Is this right???

Seems reasonable.  I know later Lucas generators had the arrangement you
describe (as did the alternators), and they were frequently supplied as
replacements for the earlier cars.

>  And will the bearing available from Moss work okay?

As I recall, the bearing itself is the same.  The "seal" between the bearing
and the frame is just a cushion to take up any slack due to manufacturing
tolerances, so you can replace it with an O-ring from Home Depot if it has
to be replaced.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org