Re: [TR] Re: GT6+ Is Complete

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: GT6+ Is Complete
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 20:13:11 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/2006 3:26:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  TR250Driver
writes:

The PO referred to it as a very late 68, therefore a  GT6+.  I  think the
MK2's and Plus's started at commission #KC50001, mid to late 68. It  is titled
as
a 68.  A few guys have already argued that 68 was MK1  only?

==AM==
And I'd be one of those guys. :-)

Yes, I know the lore, and I also know that sometimes the British weren't  as
absolutely strict about "model years" as others, especially in the  mid-1960s
and earlier. But the GT6 Mk 2/+ began production in July 1968,  and even "back
then" I can't imagine any company being proud to introduce a  brand-new model
and calling it the model year about to end! So I'd consider  any GT6+ a 1969
if KC50001 and above, or 1970 if KC75001 or above. I wonder  how yours got
titled as a '68 and if it was always titled that way?
==AM==

Body # is 80268 KD. No clue on that, might have came from one of my old
Spits?

==AM==
No, any K-series body (or other) number would be from a GT6. 80268  would be
1970 model year.
==AM==

Really both cars were JUNK!  So I have at least put another  Triumph on the
road from parts.

==AM==
And, of course, that's what's really important here!
==AM==

Yes, FYI, all the lenses in the rear are the unique 70 variety....

==AM==
Cool! If I were you, I'd get a set of "normal" Spitfire taillamp lenses,  and
only put the others on when you get to a show field. Seeing as the last  pair
I saw on eBay went for over well over $100, and considering just how  fragile
they are (one brush of a leg is sometimes enough to snap them right  off the
lamp base!)....

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a  jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your,  er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines  Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and
Triumph Herald Database at its  new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org