[TR] Media Blasting Chassis

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Media Blasting Chassis
From: <spit6@kning.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 01:13:19 -0700
I might be asking a simple question, but here's what I've got.

I'm doing a Spit6 and I've stripped the entire chassis clear of everything.
I want to remove all the paint and get it ready to powder coat.

I've got a couple of dilemmas that maybe you all can help me with:

-          A portion of the chassis is difficult to access; I can see that
an "arm" of the chassis was welded over and covered a portion that I can not
strip without chemically dipping in a tank.  It's all covered in oil/grease
inside.  Should I worry about it?  If so, how do I clean out the grease and
get the paint off.

-          I'm planning on using a media blaster and I want to buy media
tomorrow but I'm not finding a good resource on how to choose the media,
what pressure to use, etc.  My choices are really fine sand, Silica,
aluminum oxide, or "plastic".  Any good links on "how-to's" for the media
blasting?  Is there a different way of stripping the paint that I should
consider?

Thanks so much.

Kelvin

http://www.kning.com/Spit6/index.htm