[TR] question re: early Herald 1200/Spitfire clutch disc

To: Herald948@aol.com
Subject: [TR] question re: early Herald 1200/Spitfire clutch disc
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 17:53:32 EDT
I received my new GCP102 early Spitfire/Herald 1200 (coil spring type
pressure plate) clutch disc today, but I'm concerned about what appears to be a

significant difference compared to old ones.

The new one is Delphi/Borg & Beck and appears to be generally good  quality.
Diameter is the same. But what concerns me is the height of the center
splined part. It is quite a bit shorter on the new one than one the old ones
(all
original Borg & Beck) I have, and I can't help but wonder if this  is a problem
or will cause a problem.

Obviously I'd rather not install it until I can confirm that it is ok to  use
(not difficult, but tedious, to keep R&Ring the gearbox)!

Any advice, reassurance, warning, etc.? Possibly mis-boxed part?

Thanks!

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and  Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org