Re: [TR] TR3A where I stand

To: dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A where I stand
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 13:52:23 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/2006 8:00:36 AM Central Standard Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:
> It's also got both a road draft tube and
> a valve cover w/ a cap and vented in the middle- proably for the air filter
> or intake manifold (right?)  And from what said above, this configuration
> then is from differing years.  Do you think I need to change valve covers?
> Maybe too much venting?  Should I plug a hole?  Or maybe I ought to plug the
> road draft tube hole (somehow)?  I wonder if my road draft tube if left open
> will cause obvious pollution to passer-bys, more noise, etc? Aniy other
> suggestions for a first timer?

It is best to replace the valve cover with one with the proper vented cap.
Plugging the road draft tube would necessitate the addition of a PCV system.
That can be done but it is much easier to replace the valve cover.  If you
decide to keep the road draft tube and the current cover, find some sort of
crankcase filter and attach that to the tube in the cover.  This will simulate
the
vented cap on the original cover.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org