RE: [TR] More on oil pressure

To: "Chris Buckley" <chris.buckley@tz.knightfrank.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] More on oil pressure
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 13:28:49 -0700
> Is there a simple way to check the accuracy of the guage?

AFAIK, easiest way is to temporarily hook up another gauge.  Or, you could
remove your gauge and send it in for reconditioning, which should include
checking for accuracy.

> My Tr4A runs
> even when hot against the stop at around 3500rpm and drops to around
> 30psi on hot idle. The engine has now about 2500 miles. If it is right I
> think I need to adjust the tension on the releif valve spring.

If the gauge drops to zero with the engine shut off, then I would assume the
gauge is at least reasonably accurate or reads low.  And I would definitely do
something about the relief valve.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org