RE: [TR] (no subject)

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] (no subject)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 13:25:19 -0700
> I would think that you could replace the gear at the trans.

On the J-type, the gear on the output shaft changes as well as the driven gear.
Changing the gear on the output shaft involves removing the transmission from
the car and doing an almost complete teardown of the OD.

Personally, I'd rather spend the $100 on a ratio adapter (which can also
compensate for non-stock tires and so on), but it's your choice.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org