[TR] TR4A Engine Rebuild Sanity Check

Subject: [TR] TR4A Engine Rebuild Sanity Check
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 14:16:19 -0500
Listers,

I've asked a lot of specific questions over the past three months
regarding the rebuild of my TR4A engine.
Only as I prepare to pick up the majority of parts from the machine shop
does it occur to me to ask how long
can a newly rebuilt engine stand around before being fired?

The plan is to complete the engine and gearbox this calendar year, but
probably not fire it up until this time in 2007. (Once the restored body
is back on the chassis.)
Is this too long to wait?  If not, what sort of things should I do while
rebuilding the engine, other than using good assembly lube,
to keep it ready until that time?  Is there anything I should between
the times it is rebuilt and the day I start it?

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins

1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO