RE: [TR] TR4A Engine Rebuild Sanity Check

Subject: RE: [TR] TR4A Engine Rebuild Sanity Check
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 18:25:10 -0700
> I've asked a lot of specific questions over the past three months
> regarding the rebuild of my TR4A engine.
> Only as I prepare to pick up the majority of parts from the machine shop
> does it occur to me to ask how long
> can a newly rebuilt engine stand around before being fired?

As long as it's dry (no water) and all the surfaces are oily, should be no
problem.

> Is there anything I should between
> the times it is rebuilt and the day I start it?

IMO, it wouldn't hurt to squirt a little oil into each cylinder and roll the
engine over once by hand (with the plugs still out) every few months.  But for
just a year, it's likely not needed.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org