[TR] improving braking Stag / TR7

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] improving braking Stag / TR7
From: "sujit roy" <triumphstag@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 13:10:32 -0700
I'm planning to work on my Stag's brakes.  Compared to modern cars the
brakes on the Stag feel very, very weak.

I plan to change the flexible hoses as I'm sure they are original.
I plan to replace brake fuild.  Is there a brake fuild flushing kit
available?
I've been suggested to resurface the rotors and drums even if they look OK.
What's the reason for this?

Also, can anyone recommend me a brand of pad to use.  Apprarently the Stag
shares the pad with a TR7

I also plan to make sure the drum cylinders are working.

Is there anything else that I've missed?

Thanks  Sujit

===     http://www.vtr.org