RE: [TR] improving braking Stag / TR7

To: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>,
Subject: RE: [TR] improving braking Stag / TR7
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 07:24:26 -0700
> I have heard it said that fitting the metal braided hoses can result in more
> positive brake pedal feel because there is no chance of the lines swelling
> under load, unlike the ordinary neoprene pipes.

That's true, kind of.  Even the "braided" hoses (the braid is actually just
protection for the inner hose) swell under pressure to some extent, they just
swell less than the original hoses (which were not neoprene) do.  The result is
slightly less pedal travel, but that's about all.  No change in pedal force, or
general braking effectiveness.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org