[TR] remembering how the TR3A brakes look

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] remembering how the TR3A brakes look
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:03:54 -0400
Now, further along on my TR3's restoration:

I am installing my front caliper brakes and I've forgotton what went where
and none of my books have good pics of this.
Ok, I am sitting in front of the mounted caliper. I'm trying to remember
where the line runs to.  There are two 1/8" steel grommet tabs with 1/2"
holes coming off the shock tower and welded on the chassis.  One is on the
strut and one closer to the wheel.  Are both of them used for the brake
line?  Which one does the line from the brass proportioning valve run to
first?  I guess it is rubber from there to the caliper unit?  (I can't find
where I laid these little rubber hoses but I should have them)

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org