[TR] WTB Inner tie rod TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] WTB Inner tie rod TR3A
From: Art McEwen <amcewen2@cogeco.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 19:45:56 -0400
A fender bender seems to have caused the inner tie rod to pop the
knuckle out of it's internal cup and it will no longer tighten (the stud
turns with the nut),  however as the set has less then 1,000 miles on
them it seems a shame to buy a whole set when all I need is 1 end of one
side.

BTW just how tight should the silent block bushings be in the steering
arm?  The old ones had to be pressed out but the accident jolt seems to
have knocked the new one partially through housing on the arm (same side
as the buggered tie rod), and I had no problem poping it out again.
Visually both the steering arm and the block appear fine (no cracks or
obvious out of round), so for now I've reassembled them.

Cheers, Art

===     http://www.vtr.org