RE: [TR] WTB Inner tie rod TR3A

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] WTB Inner tie rod TR3A
From: amcewen2@cogeco.ca
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:53:27 -0400
> I don't understand the problem, Art.  TRF sells individual tie rod ends, and
> they're even on sale for 1/2 price this month.  110466 or 110467, depending
> on right or left.

Good to know thanks, I only had the Moss catalog at the shop (for their
exploded diagrams mainly) and they only listed
sets.

> Sounds wrong to me.  I wonder if the whole silentbloc really came out of the
> center link, or if you were just seeing the center pin pulled out of the
> silentbloc itself.

I was able to remove it fairly easily and it appeared to be the whole
silentbloc, the top cap was metal but perhaps it
wasn't the center covering cap but something that was below it.   I'll
definately replace it but my worry is if the
steering arm is now distorted (visually it looks ok) then a new silentbloc will
work it's way south.  I'm assuming that
if it's the case it won't do it all in 1 day...

> I'd also be looking for anything else that is bent.

Everything else appears true.  I'm not 100% convinced it was accident damage,
it could have been damaged at the body
shop as they removed the steering rod and wanted to remove the steering box
(but couldn't).  However I'll give them the
benefit of doubt and say it was the accident.

Thanks Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org